Today we share the Throwdown Queen's Miss Mandi Sarro's natural hair journey, she just recently went natural but has her holy grail products and regimen down to a T!
Miss Mandi has us drooling through her Instagram feed as well as her YouTube channel. If you have not checked her out.....we shall make it easy, check out her fro as she makes these NOM chicken wings below;
Photo by Tintseh
1. Why did you go natural (assuming you haven’t always been natural)? How long have you been natural?
I went natural In December 2015 and to be honest I did because I was tired of the fact that my hair was so damaged it wasn't growing! I have been natural for about 4 months now but I had transitioned last year before the BC.
2. Please tell us more about your regimen
I have been learning as I have been going. I want to say now I have found a regimen that works. I pre-poo my hair with ORS deep conditioner with Coconut oil plus Olive oil then I shampoo with Shea by Asal shampoo bar (that's heavenly).
Deep Condition with ORS Mayonnaise Deep conditione
r mixed with Coconut oil & other oils then then use Elasta QP Olive Oil Mango Butter Leave In, a mixture of oils & Black Castor Haitian Butter to seal in the moisture.
3. What are your staple products?
Coconut oil, My oil mixture, ORS Mayonnaise, ORS Deep Conditioner and Spray Bottle with water and leave in.
4. Have you ever dabbled in using some of your kitchen products in natural hair?
For sure! From olive oil, honey, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar.
5. We love that fact that you wear braids and weaves, plus rock a mean headwrap? What are your favourite hair styles?
Mostly braids because you can style them in different ways. I really like that.
6. In your role as a media personality, do you feel comfortable wearing your natural hair out?
All the time but this industry you have to be prepared for when you'll be asked to braid/weave it for a TV role.
7. What 3 hair products would you take with you if you were stranded on a desert island?
Coconut oil, My leave in & my shampoo bar.
Check out more of Miss Mandi on her Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and of course Snapchat @mandisarro.
Her lipstick game!Strong!
Any tips you guys have for Newbie Naturals, let us know in the comments below! Happy Friday Kurlies!