We have been pondering (for a year and a bit) about hosting our second natural hair meet-up, following up on the success of the first one, remember this and this. If you guys know us, we love grandeur and always come up with elaborate plans! However this planning has been difficult because we are not sure what you guys would like and how to make sure we please you all.
So far we are stuck with great venues, however most are very expensive (we have expensive taste), see below;
Sierra - Pros
- Sierra is just so gosh darn pretty! We love the ambience.
- We could have a whole floor to ourselves. That's right, they are willing to provide a closed off section just for us curly girls to have our private relaxed and oh-so exclusive fun!
- The planned activities will be comfortably conducted (product swaps, games and giveaways).
- The setup will be tres chic with a cocktail vibe to it... (are you convinced yet?)
- There will be drinks and delish bitings to be had.
- Located in the 2nd floor of Yaya Center, we believe Sierra will be a safe, central and friendly locale to host the meetup.
Sierra - Cons
- Right, so in order to have all that and more... Sierra will charge us a fee of KES 1,000/- per head.
- Now you know our 20-something year old behinds can't cover that - assuming we get the same numbers (if not more) as the last meetup - we might as well go for broke right now. So the question is, would y'all be willing to pay the bare minimum of 1000/- to have the meetup in Sierra? Let the debates begin!
- It's Mercury! Who doesn't love Mercury! We feel that Mercury has this awesome Sex in the City vibe to it and it could be the perfect funky venue for our Kurls Night Out (spoiler alert).
- One word: Cocktails.
- Two words: Awesome Music.
- This would be a great venue to simply let our hair
downout, nothing fancy. Just imagine all of us in our fro's, dancing, mingling.. just doing our thang!
- It won't be that exclusive. Actually it won't be exclusive at all (picture going out with your girls and having a gay old time. Simples)
- We're not sure if it can host the total number of awesome natural girls that will grace this auspicious occasion... we know you'll be there.
- Due to the music levels, our activities will have to be put on hold for now.
Under the list of consideration, we were also thinking of the Island over at Westlands. Are there any other venues you guy know, manage or would recommend?
We would love to hear from you on what kind of ideas you envision for a meetup. Kindly share on our facebook page, twitter and in the comments!
On a special side note: if you a Kenyan natural hair blogger/ fashion blogger we would TOTALLY love to have you join us as official hosts to the meet up! All interested parties need only email us - firstname.lastname@example.org - and we can make this the ultimate natural hair event of the year :) kinda something like this.... Check out the video below!