How are you, sure hope you're swell. You might be wondering what that narcissistic homage up there is all about. Well, I decided to share with yaol my hair cycle from wash to detangling to stretching, shrinking and back to the beginning. It also shows how my hairs' appearance changes with different states/ manipulation.
1. Top left: That's my hair all shrunk up and coated with products. I don't often let it get this way, but a combination of the gym, swimming and laziness sometimes amounts to this... Forgive me.
2. The next image is that of cleansing, based on the state of my hair I would either co-wash or shampoo my hair. Whatever the case, I always do so in twists or plaits (and if I shampoo it, you know I'll have to deep condition my hair without fail).
3. More often than not, you will always catch me in my two-strand twists. It is always a follow up to my cleansing/ cowashing. I can stretch these for about a week until I start looking like a hobo.
4. Hey that's me in a twist out! We love us some twist outs!! I can stretch a twist out for about 3 days, (the trick is re-twisting slightly smaller twists each night with the tiniest bit of hair butter). Working out wrecks havoc on my twists leaving them shrunken but OK-looking.
5. As my twist out begins to fall apart, I usually bun it for a couple of days or do a puff.
6. That's my hair losing its grip on anything that was once a twist out... it slowly turns into a fro at this point.
7. So what do I do... I pick it with an afro comb and rock a fro! (that's my hair in a picked out fro)
8. I then go back to bunning and/or pinning my hair after its picked out. By this time, my hair is so coated up with products so what do I do? I start the cycle right back again!
I rarely pick out my hair though, sigh.. I love the look, but I don't normally leave my hair out to begin with. Protective styling can be addictive, but I think its well worth it. OH! Right now, I have on the prettiest Senegalese twists EVER! (Twisted braids), I love em. You can bet your sweet curls I'll be showing off these babies...
Thanks for reading, take care now! x