- I have to say that I liked it.
- It has a thick gooey consistency and pretty awesome scent - floral and sweet, but not too over-powering.
- It defines the curls, adds shine and lustre however it doesn’t clamp your hair together as well as I would have liked (next time I'll add a touch of Eco Styler Gel).
- As soon as my curls were completely dry my hair felt well moisturized but not greasy. Yay!
- It has a smooth slimey feel to the touch (possibly form the coconut oil) but leaves no shine or oily residue.
- As you can see, three days later my twist out was still hanging in there, even after a sweaty work-out.
Thursday, February 9, 2012
Wednesday, February 8, 2012
- Castor oil
Monday, February 6, 2012
- Keeping my regimen as simple as possible
- Avoiding foundation and powder, I only conceal my under eye circles and use mascara and sometimes eye-shadow. Keeping make up to a minimum has really helped my skin
- Weekly face masks with Queene Helene Mint Julep Mask, Honey and Cinnamon mask or Oatmeal and Yoghurt mask
- Scrubbing my face up to two times a week with bicarbonate of soda
- When I get a spot, I put some Sudocreme on it before bed and in the morning its disappeared
Thursday, February 2, 2012
With this in mind wanted to share my work appropriate make up look. I put my hair in a bun after taking these pictures.
Wednesday, February 1, 2012
The Kurly Kichana Healthy Hair Challenge is finally here!
Phase 1 Start Date: 1st February 2012 - 1st May 2012
We will be giving away a prize to a lucky ACTIVE participant of this challenge.
On May 2nd there will be prize drawing to win your very own (gift/prize to be announced at a later date)
The Challenge and its participants will be monitored on the Kurly Kichana Facebook Fanpage (Have you liked us yet? Go on then!)
The Rules of Engagement:
You must enter AND submit a starting photo on our Facebook Challenge Note by February 6th, 2012 to be listed as a challenger and be entered into the drawing.
Prize drawing will take place on May 2, 2012 using random.org. You must have a beginning and an ending photo to be eligible for the prize. You are also welcome to add on your progress pictures as often as you would like :)
Now that thats out of the way...
PART I: Welcome to the "Give Your Hair a Drank Deep Conditioning Challenge 2012"
Do you want MORE MOISTURE, HEALTHIER curls and MANAGEABLE locks... Honey I've got two words for you - Deep Conditioning!
The benefits of regular deep conditioning include:
- A means to increase and maintain proper moisture levels in the hair
- Improve manageability
- Reduce splits and breakage i.e. great for retention
- Effective way of maintaining protein/moisture balance
We know, but we forget, we get lazy. This challenge is to keep us consistent.
The terms are simple;
1. Deep condition at least once per week, on wet or dry hair. If you are wearing braids or weaves, once per 10-14 days.
2. Shampooing is not required.
3. Deep condition using your method of choice: Heat cap, hooded dryer, steamer, hot towels or no heat.
4. You must DC for a minimum of 30 minutes.
5. Come check in at least once a week to update us on how it's going for you. Also, it would be helpful if we know what you are using as your deep conditioners of choice. This helps to inform the newbies in that we'll know if they are using the correct conditioners for their hair in an effort to avoid protein/moisture overload.
6. Let us know what kind of results you are getting from a conditioner as well, whether you liked it or not and why.
PART II: Welcome to the "Giiiirl How Did You Get Your Hair So THICK Challenge 2012"
Is your mane looking listless and limp? Do you want to get that Diana Ross Curl Swag? Well we want to give our genetics a run for its money and do our part to attaining thicker, richer locks.
So here goes;
1. Purchase a bottle of pure castor oil; you can use any type of Castor Oil you desire.
2. You must apply the castor oil to your scalp 3x’s a week at the minimum.
3. You may apply the castor oil to the length of your hair if you wish to seal.
4. You may mix your castor oil with another oil if it is too thick for you, or if irritation occurs.
5. Carry out a henna gloss treatment once every two weeks! (This is the other magic ingredient)
6. Check in once a week and let us know how your hair is doing.
The Challenge is open to long time naturals, newbies and transitioners alike.