Sunday, January 29, 2012
Thursday, January 26, 2012
Monday, January 23, 2012
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Better yet, create a Kurly Kichana group on http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups
So that you don't have to manage stats by email.
I'll be the first to join!
We have since launched the group which you an find here,
Through myfitnesspal, you can log in how many calories you have eaten, log in your measurements and track progress and through the group we can chat on recipes, struggles and victories!
We are both logged on with our names, so please make sure to add us as friends and join the group. For inspiration, please do not forget to check out our tumblr page http://kurlsontherun.tumblr.com/
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
- Mary would like rock hard abs
- Nyachomba would be happy with firm, toned thighs!
- Take before measurements/pictures
- Come up with a goal; Lose 10lbs before Valentines Day, Fit into that LBD thats been hanging in your wardrobe for 3 years, Do more push ups than your boyfriend can. Goals will keep you motivated and on track to progress.
- Create a workout schedule that you know you can stick to and pin it up on your wall and even use this as your desktop background
- Monitor your daily food intake by writing it down in a notebook or using this app that we both use MyFitnessPal, remember to use this everyday. Calculate you BMR, basal metabolic rate. This will help you figure out how many calories you need a day, to make sure you are losing weight.
- Send us your measurements on email@example.com, we shall help you track your progress
- You can send in weekly updates on the same email, to track progress. We may post these on our tumblr.
Monday, January 16, 2012
Friday, January 13, 2012
- We would rather be chilling at home with movies and popcorn than go out into the real world
- We are both obsessed with makeup and hardly ever wear it
- None of us have ever wanted to have children
- Mary is in love with Batman
- We both wear glasses
- We are quirky, social odd-balls and shockingly shy
- Nyachomba would love to be an extra on How I met your mother.
Friday, January 6, 2012
In 2012, Kurly Kichana aims to bring you more skincare and product reviews..we shall not keep any secrets from you guys! Starting off, a product that is a household name in baby care; Sudocreme. The product is marketed as a Nappy Rash cream, Yes nappy rash lol! If its good enough for baby's bottom it must be great for my face.
Here is whats its manufacturers say,
· A water-repellent base forms a protective barrier, helping to stop any irritants (urine and faeces) coming into contact with the skin.
· It both softens and soothes sore, inflamed skin.
· It has a weak local anaesthetic to help ease pain and irritation.
So what gives Sudocrem its healing properties? Here’s the science bit:
· hypoallergenic lanolin, to help soothe and soften irritated skin.
· zinc oxide which reduces the loss of tissue fluid.
· benzyl benzoate and benzyl cinnamate which are ingredients of Balsam of Peru, recognised for its healing properties.
· benzyl alcohol, a weak local anaesthetic which eases pain and also acts as a disinfectant/antibacterial agent.
As a protective antiseptic cream, Sudocrem is also helpful in the treatment of other skin conditions. http://www.sudocrem.co.uk/
The cream has a strong lavender scent, which if your not used to can smell quite medicinal. However this disappears a short while after application
For 125gms, you can buy the cream in Nakumatt or major baby shops for about Kshs 800. It may seem pricey but 125gms could last you at least 6months.
It is very thick and sometimes can be difficult to apply, however once applied it sinks into skin very easily. The cream can leave a white cast to the skin especially darker skin tones hence it is best to use it at night and if you must use it during the day, make sure to wait at least 7 mins for it to sink in completely into the skin
- Use the cream every other night to keep your skin spot and blemish free
- Use sudocreme as a moisturising face mask, leave it on for 15mins then wash off
- Sudocreme on spots or mosquito bites works brilliantly to reduce the inflammation and redness. This is fully tested by the Kurly Kichana team, works a treat
- Its also works great for sunburn, minor burns and bruises