I came across your blog and am thinking about going natural but I do not know which products to start with. I live in Minneapolis, I recently cut my hair and want to grow it back so am not ready to do the big chop. The part that frustrates me is when I unbraid my hair and it’s too hard to comb, that’s when I head straight to the salon to relax it! So what products would you recommend?
Hello there Rahal. You are very lucky to be Stateside because you have a wider range of products aimed at curly hair...just having this huge arsenal should encourage you to put down the box of relaxer! (Dreams of having Shea moisture in Kenya, Le sigh)
There are lots of products we have heard that yield miracles in natural hair. Below is a list of products from various pharmacies and beauty supply stores that you should look into.
- The SheaMoisture range we hear is EPIC.Easy to use and great for moisture and detangling
- The Jane Carter Solution is also great for natural hair
- Qhemet is a great line that uses organic natural products. It makes a great line of hair butters that curlies everywhere are in awe of.
- Beemine products
- Kinky Curly Hair products are reknowned for their curl enhancing abilities
- Cantu Shea butter is a great line and very affordable
- Organic root stimulator