The joy of twistouts is their shrinkage busting abilities...this styling method can be used to embrace or banish shrinkage.
We got a post on fb about twistouts ; hey i need a step by step on doing the twist out..i have natural hair but it just shrinks....help!
Below are a few tips to perfect a twistout
- Before you start on the twists that will eventually lead to a twistout, make sure your hair is clean and deep conditioned. Start on properly detangled clean and wet hair
- Use a leave in conditioner before you start twisting, this will ensure you have a moisturised twist out after your hair dries.
- To bust shrinkage you can use some type of holding cream such as Ecostyler gel (non flaky) that will keep your hair elongated
- Seal in moisture in your twists with an oil or butter
- Take your twists out slowly..be sure to use some oil as you take them down.
- To preserve your twistout..make sure you sleep with a satin scarf
What tips do you have for great twistouts? Happy Monday!