- Before putting your hair in any protective style, always clean and deep condition your hair with preferably a protein based deep conditioner to make sure your strands are stronger.
- If you have to blowdry your hair before you braid, always use a heat protectant.
- Make sure your braider does not braid your hair too tight especially on your edges
- Ensure that the braider uses equal sections of hair extensions and your own hair...if she uses too much hair on each section it can cause breakage due to the weight.
- Always moisturise your hair even in braids.Mix, water, conditioner and a few drops of essential oil in a spray bottle and use this to moisturise your hair and keep the itchies away
Hope you had a great weekend folks!