The day before yesterday, I had a mini sad rant about needing to get/find motivation to exercise. So many of you came out with brilliant suggestions to get me and us, up and moving and some of you even suggested that we should come up with an exercise/fitness challenge. I have decided to list down some of the very encouraging tips that we received from you lovely readers;
- Use music as a motivator, change into your workout gear, grab your trainers, iPod or whatever mp3 player your using and get running. There are a lot of workout mixes you can get from iTunes or better yet, make a playlist of all the songs that get you dancing and get out there and run. I have found that I run longer when I have got my iPod with me
- Vary the kind of exercise you do, go dancing..Zumba is great, go for a yoga class, do an exercise DVD some even have kickboxing, grab your partner wink wink nudge nudge!, Go hiking or biking..there are tonnes of ways to get your fitness on.
- Runners high. When you run/exercise you release Endorphins which are happy hormones. The high you get after doing some exercise is so worth putting on your trainers and doing something.
- Make working out your priority like showering or brushing your teeth. Once you get used to regular exercise you shall be upset about missing a session. Let exercise fit into your life
- I think topmost is that we have to realise that exercise is important to keep us young, our hearts healthy, our body toned, our hair growing, our skin glowing and our bodies banging.
- If this video does not motivate you, then your a rock
Guess who is going running today?