Some of you lovely ladies have hinted (lol) that we are slacking on the makeup tutorial front and I decided that a makeup post was due. I am not very good with this because I absolutely hate having pictures taken, but when you guys ask for something I have to suck it in and deliver.
I decided to do a Smokey eye inspired by the picture above, that could be intensified for clubbing or made more demure for a date (yeah I know you guys get lucky!)
What I used
Revlon Beyond Natural Concealer
Prestige Mineral Powder Foundation
MAC Groundwork Paint pot as an eyeshadow base
POP Smokey eyes Palette (Black Eyeshadow)
Sleek i-Divine Storm Palette (Gold eyeshadow for tearduct)
MAC eyeshadow in Soba to blend the black eyeshadow
Body Shop Black Eyeliner for the waterline
MAC Bronzing powder in Golden Bronze
Body Shop Colourglide Lipstick in Clover pink
MAC Lip gelee Saplicious
- As always start with clean, dry and moisturised skin. I used Simple moisturising fluid. You defo need a light moisturiser
- I normally follow this routine when doing my make up;concealer, foundation, eyes, blusher and finish off with lips
- Use your ring finger to apply concealer in the areas that need it, In my case I have dark under eye circles. After applying concealer, use powder foundation to set the concealer and all over your face as the base.
- Apply your eyeshadow base all over your eyelid and then wet your brush with some water and dip into the black eyeshadow. Using a wet brush intensifies the colour, in this case makes the black darker
- As you apply the shadow, try to wing it on your outer eye edge. You can use a flat eyeshadow brush for this and follow the natural shape of your eye to create this wing. Blend
- After packing on the black eyeshadow, take a little brush and use the gold eyeshadow and apply it in the inner corner of your eye near the tearducts and blend. Use a brownish eyeshadow to blend the crease to avoid a stark line where you have applied black eyeshadow.
- Take your eyeliner and apply on the water line, then take a little stiff eyeshadow brush and apply a little black eye shadow on your bottom lid.
- Apply the bronzer as blush on the apples of your cheeks and then apply your lipstick and gloss. Brush your eyebrows (forgive the unruly eyebrows, plucking them now) and use an eyebrow pencil to fill in any gaps.
- To make eyeliner look darker and sultrier, get a match, light it and put the flame on the end of the eyeliner. Blow on it to make sure its completely cool and use the eyeliner on the waterline...BAM!!! Sexy eyes.
Plus, yeah I did not remember to use Mascara not sure if you noticed?..Disclaimer, I did mention that I am just a novice...lol
Happy Monday peeps.