So we have decided to have a protective style challenge. The aim of the challenge is to have longer, thicker, healthier hair in 12 weeks. This will be done mainly through protective styling, henna and intensive deep conditioning.
How long will it run?
The challenge will run for 12 weeks and will involve being in protective styling for 3 weeks with a week off to enjoy your hair (you know how we naturals miss having our hair out). So that means 9 weeks of protective styling and 3 weeks to enjoy your hair.
January 24th-April 24th (However you can adjust this dates to suit you)
What will it involve
You can choose any protective style, such as braid with extensions, twists with extensions, cornrows with or without extensions and weaves.You can also do twists with your own hair should you so wish.
- Daily Moisturising with glycerin, water and conditioner mix. You can add an essential oil such as tea tree to keep your scalp fresh
- Cleansing with shampoo or chosen cleanser every 2 weeks or more frequent if you work out
- Weekly or Fortnightly deep conditioning. We shall post tutorials on how to deep condition in braids
- Scalp and hairline massages with an oil of your choice, preferably Castor oil every 2 days
- Henna treatments on the week off as well as intensive deep conditioning
Should you wish to add any rules, please add a comment and we shall include it in the post
All the best ladies..and Have a great week