These are two comments we have received in the past few days. Most people are cautious about going natural because as you know our hair i.e. African curls can be very dynamic and hard to tame. Going natural can be scary at first but as you see the little curls and coils sprouting from your scalp it all gets soo exciting.
What you need to know about going natural;
- Maintaining natural hair can be difficult but with the right tools and products you can make it a breeze
- Natural hair is dry hence we need to incorporate a lot of moisture to the hair and the greatest moisturiser is ......wait for it....................................Water!!!
- Do not have preconceptions of your hair, everyones curls are unique and do not go looking at other ladies hair and think that yours will look that way.
- Create a regimen that includes, cleansing, deep conditioning and styling
- Never ever ever ever!!!! see how I reiterated that...NEVER comb your hair dry, thats asking for a bald head
- Try to minimise the amount of heat you use on your head.
- Stretch your ends as much as possible, and keep your hair in protective styles such as twists, braid outs and twist outs
Below are some links you could use to understand how to go natural